Sunday, June 12, 2016

Leaving Home to Come "Home"

Hey y'all!

Today I am going to be talking about something really important to me.

So as many of you might know, 5 months ago, I left Uganda and moved to the States. I was born in East Africa and grew up there, until we moved. I had friends, relationships, memories, and experiences in East Africa. I had new friends and old friends. When I left at the end of December I left all of that. Sure, I'll always have the memories, and experiences and I will always have the relationships and friendships, but it will never be the same.

 When we first got back to the States I thought that it would be months, maybe years to feel comfortable at church or anywhere. These past few weeks I have finally started to feel completely comfortable at church. I have stared talking to more than 2 people. I am starting to become a part of the youth group.

On another note, my Dad has been looking for a job. He had a phone interview last week, at a job 2 hours from here, where I've "planted" the past 5 months. The interview went well, we haven't heard if the are considering him further so, we wait.

So, in all the change and craziness the last few months have held I have chosen to trust and abide. Though it has been difficult at times I've done it, with His help of course. So, if any of you reading this and going through transition or a rough time, trust God! He has a plan for your life and for your pain and joy! Trust Him and He will carry you through it! 

Thanks for listening to my ideas! 
Jo

1 comment:

  1. Joanna, I cannot thank you enough. I'm pretty sure you know how much I needed this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete