Sunday, November 13, 2016

Friends are......

Hey, y'all!

It's been a while, I know. I'm back to share my heart and random thoughts with y'all.

Friends. That's what I'm going to be talking about this evening. In the past few months, I have come to realize how important friends are. True friends that is.

In July I joined my home school association's volleyball team. Now understand, I joined this team never having played or watched volleyball before. So, nerdy me walked on to a team of girls who, for the most part, had been playing volleyball for a couple of years. There were other girls who had never played volleyball before but they had played other sports. Basketball, softball, etc.... So, just imagine a tall, lanky, ignorant, clueless girl walking into a gym of girls who had played this beautiful sport for years. Yeah, it's not looking too good for the tall, lanky one. :) So, as the season went on, I was slowly taught the sport of volleyball by my amazing coach and with a little help from my teammates.

Guys, I cannot begin to explain to you the way that this team of twelve girls blessed me. They were so encouraging from day one. They were patient with me when Coach would have to explain something to me yet again, which would hold up the line. They encouraged me, whether by giving me a high five when I came to the back of the line or shouting encouraging words from the bench. They helped me know where I was supposed to be on the court when we had five seconds before the ball was served over. They taught me how to encourage my fellow teammates when they got down. They were a great example, for the most part, of how a team should work.

Now, I won't talk about the Varsity players. They were amazing. They high-fived me after drills, even the ones I had sucked at. They cheered me on from the bench, shouting encouraging, sometimes hard to hear, words. They gave me tips after Coach had already explained it to me for about the fifth time. ;) I was talking about my middle hitter friends just then. ;)

I say all of that to say, friends, are precious people. Friends are crucial. Friends are people who invite you to go on their church trips, even when they hardly know you. Friends are people who let you crash at their house, during the week, while your parents are gone. Friends are people who you can laugh with about the stupidest things. Friends are people who you can share your hurts with. Friends are people you can hurt alongside. Friends are people who share your love of cats and dogs. Friends are people who have a die-hard passion for music. Friends are people who give the best hugs. Friends are people who'll wear heels with you even when you're 6'0 and taller. Friends are people who tell you you're more than a white crayon. Friends are people who offer to do your makeup and hair and make you look "hawt as heck".  Most importantly, friends are people who you can talk about God with.

I just want to say thank you to my amazing volleyball team. For showing me love, encouragement, good attitude on the court, and patience. Thank you for showing me how to be tough and suck it up. have loved playing with y'all. I cant wait to see how these friendships will grow in the future. I can't wait for next season! I love y'all so much!

GO EAGLES! <3


2 comments:

  1. Permission to use...
    Like, this entire thing as a quote?
    'Cause that was deep

    ReplyDelete