Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Okay God, I got the message.





Here a short post about God's faithfulness in my life.

So, let me start at the beginning. A few months ago, I heard that the children and youth, at my church, were doing a play in December. So, I started going to practices because I wanted to get to know people a little bit better and because, what the heck, being in a play could be fun. So, I had told the play director that I didn't want a solo cause I didn't sing. Besides singing in the shower, of course. So, after a few weeks of practice I was given 2 lines. One of which was a paragraph long. I was more than content with playing a very minor role in the play.

Well, in early-mid October one of the girls who was going to play one of the main characters said that she couldn't be in the play any more. She had a job and she needed to focus on her school. So, the play director came to me and asked if I would like to take the girls part. I was like sure. After all, I had committed to being in the play. So, I was fine with being given more lines. That I could handle. Well, one of the practices it was mentioned that Anna, the part I was playing, was going to be singing a solo. Granted, I wasn't going to be singing a whole song alone, I would be singing it with Simeon, the close friend of my character, Anna. Still, I flipped out. I was scared. So, good ole procrastination and my dumb brain kicked in and I was like " wait, the play is like forever from now. It's fine. Don't worry about it. So, basically I stuffed the idea that I was going to sing in front of people way down and forgot about it, sort of.

Well, that was a very bad move. Every time it was mentioned, that I'd be singing, this flood of emotions would cover me. Fear, nerves, anger, denial, you get the gist. So, I started to come to terms with the fact that I was singing in front of people. I had a few ( like 4) break downs but, with a lot of prayer I came to grips with it. That was a great decision.

2 weeks before the play my youth pastor preached about how God keeps his promises. He talked about Moses and the Burning Bush.

Exodus 3:11-14
"But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”
12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you[b] will worship God on this mountain.”
13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”
14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[c] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

As my youth pastor talked I was immediately filled with peace about the singing situation. In that moment, I was content with what God wanted me to do. I was still slightly nervous but not nearly as much as I had been. I went home and was fine for a few days. Then doubt and Satan broke me again because I began depending on my own strength. I was again overwhelmed by feelings of fear and resistance. I sought the Lord and he calmed me, again. He spoke to me another way that week, and again the week before the play. I was constantly reminded that He wanted me to sing for His glory and that I shouldn't be worried about messing up.
I had let the craziness of life, my fear, and depending on myself overwhelm me. I learned the hard way that all I needed to do was to lean on Him. I would've been able to avid some much stress and fear if I had just depended on HIS strength and realized how weak and insignificant my own strength was. So, next time I will, hopefully, look back on this experience and remember to give it to Him cause He is my strength.

Long story, short. I had committed to being in the play, I had said I didn't want a solo. I was given a solo because the person originally singing couldn't be in the play. I was nervous and scared about singing. He spoke to me OVER and OVER again, through other people. I gave my feelings and reservations to HIM. He calmed me, He delivered me through my fear, He helped me preform well.


HE is able, HE is my deliverer, HE is my strength, HE is my protector. All I have to do is give him my heart, every day, every minute.I hope you found this encouraging. I just wanted to share God's faithfulness in my life with whoever reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment